Monday 19 October 2009

Leaves

I have been so touched by all the kind messages of support I have received. You are all so wonderful!

Not being inclined to garden at the moment I have been keeping busy by making some leaf appliqués. DSCF0020 I love the autumn and the way the leaves are all the colours of the rainbow. I have been doing these DSCF0017 blocks with my Friday morning class this term and it has been so therapeutic for me. Also I’ve been copyingDSCF0055 leaves onto fabric to be cut out and appliquéd DSCF0051 DSCF0050into a piece of work.  I think of all the subjects that I tackle leaves are the one I love the best.  Closely followed by the sea of course!

It has been very cold these last few days and I have started lighting fires as there is something very cosy about a wood fireDSCF0002 and the crackle and pop of the fire is very companionable. Because of the cold my squirrel has been becoming braver   and coming right up to the back door in the search for food. He is still stealing the bird seed out of the bird house but not enough to make it a problem!

11 comments:

  1. Your fire looks so warm and cozy!

    Lovely applique by the way, very Autumnal :)

    I had just been thinking this morning how I hadn't seen 'my' squirrel since sometime last year - it was a very rare visitor at that! But I guess either the food this year has been plentiful or it's decided it's too dangerous around here to risk trying to come to the feeders.
    I do love Squirrels, obviously I'd prefer Reds and I'm sure we all would!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely designs. Sitting in front of a cosy log fire sewing beautiful leaves sounds soul soothing, like indoor gardening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are beautiful Pam and so seasonal. Love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great applique leaves are a good subject choice for such work.

    You can't beat a real fire for comfort and warmth even better than the TV.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The leaves are beautiful. You are very talented :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first applique is really lovely. By the fire is always so cosy. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. how lovely and i would imagine, therapeutic to be doing your craftwork and enjoying the fire on a cold night.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gardening and doing craftwork has one thing in common..... we can be very passionate and absorbed! ~bangchik

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for your lovely comments. I have enjoyed my fire and my sewing in equal parts. Both are very comforting! Val

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry to hear that you're going through a tough time at the moment, Valeri. I'm sure your gardening and crafting will help you through. Your leaf designs are lovely, so autumnal.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful leaf project! I love a nice warm fire to sit next to. We started lighting ours every night now.

    ReplyDelete