Tuesday 18 August 2009

Going away!

I won’t be blogging for a few days as I’m going away. A couple of friends and I are going to the Festival of Quilts at the NEC. I am really looking forward to the break and the show where I have no doubt I will OD on fabric and other quilt related goodies! The weather forecast says rain so I am sure the garden will survive for a few days. I shall pick everything that is ready for picking and then Martin won’t have to do anything but look after the tomatoes, such as they are! Truth to tell, I am a tad bored with the garden. It has reached that stage where it isn’t going anywhere and yet it is too soon to say ‘Hello Autumn’ and start pulling things up and thinking of next year! So a small holiday is just what I need!

clip_image002

7 comments:

  1. Happy Holidays! Have a good time at the festival. Would be nice if you can show us some beautiful quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Valeri! When you are back again I have a Meme award for you. Please visit my post today to find out more. Happy Holidays! Kaija

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun - and I hope you come back to LOTS of fall garden catalogs in the mail - just the thing to recharge you! (it worked for me!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Val. I've just been catching up on what you've been up to whilst I've been on my holidays.
    You've certainly mastered your camera, and have taken some great shots.
    I'm sorry that you're feeling a bit down about gardening at the moment. I think it comes to alot of us at this time of the year, after the busy gardening time has passed but before we really start planning for next year. I'm sure this trip is just what you need and you will come back with your batteries fully recharged. I hope you're having a fabulous time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your best wishes for my trip. I had a great time and will get back to blogging as soon as I am sorted out! Val

    ReplyDelete