Sunday 19 April 2009

New plants?


When I came to empty the hanging baskets from last year and replace the compost I found that I had a covering of small green plants. (see picture below) Not being sure as to what plant this was but it did look interesting, I potted some up in plant pots to watch them develop. I'm wondering if they are begonias because I had begonias in the container last year. They certainly look begonia like. I have never heard of begonias spreading like this but perhaps they seeded? Very interesting. I always feel that newly planted containers look so bare and uninteresting compared to how they will look when the plants become established. In this one I have trailing lobelia, a kind of daisy plant, a couple of trailing purple plants and two Lysimachia. I do like purple and yellow together.

No comments:

Post a Comment