Saturday 30 May 2009

Morning has broken....

I awoke this morning to the sun! It was a glorious morning and I had breakfast sitting on the patio looking out at the garden. That sounds very grand but the patio is really just a paved area in front of the French doors into the kitchen-diner. The bees were already at work on the blossoms on the chives. There is something very satisfying about the sound of bees and chive flowers are lovely. This is such a glorious time of day if the sun is out and the birds are singing. I took a stroll around the plot which took all of five minutes as it is so small and was gratified to see that more seeds are appearing at last. A bit of weeding and I was ready to face the day! Which incidentally has been very very hot....40 degrees C! But some wind which made it a bit cooler. When we first came here the soil was so poor that there were no weeds now they are thriving! I try to cultivate a small patch of chickweed as it is lovely in salads and makes a refreshing herbal tea but I really don't want it all over the garden and I certainly don't want bindweed which is the bane of my life!


Looking around I was amazed to see that I had a stranger in the pot of spinach seedlings. Well that is apart from the borage which is seeding everywhere! What it is I do not know but it looks like a member of the brassica family. Only time will tell if I let it stay there that long. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. I can see two different and distinct plants in the pots other than spinach... One looks like Chinese Broccoli or Kailan. The other one looks like normal weed....

    So morning has broken again and again, Valeri.

    ~ bangchik

    ReplyDelete