Monday 11 May 2009

Water

I have had to water daily in the garden as we haven't had any significant rain for several days. My seedlings are all at the vulnerable stage and I noticed that my newly planted climbing rose was looking droopy. A good drink of water soon perked it up. The greenfly seem to have gone from the fennel which is good as I certainly don't want greenfly on everything. The poorly courgette plant gave up the ghost. It was obviously too cold for it and wasn't hardened off enough. The courgette seeds I've planted are doing well and are out in the open so they stand a good chance of surviving as they won't need to be hardened off. I wish I could say the same of the ridge cucumbers. I have three small seedlings out of ten! We are due to get rain tomorrow so perhaps this will perk things up!

No comments:

Post a Comment