Thursday 28 May 2009

Not inspired to garden!


This painterly photo is a picture of a corner of my garden through a rain streaked window. It just isn't gardening weather and I am so pleased to see that I am not the only one having a wet time. Thank you all for your comments. They were much appreciated!

I am concerned about my Lovage as it has some yellowed leaves on one side and I'm wondering why. Could it be we've had too much rain?

More about the self sown begonias. This pot is producing yellow flowers and yet the original was white! There are also deep red flowers coming from the white original as well. It is quite fascinating to see the variety that I am getting from the original colours of white and salmon pink! Individually these flowers are nondescript but all together in a pot they look good!

2 comments:

  1. Valeri, I have just found your blog from Blotanical - you have lots of nice messages waiting for you there. It is lovely to see someone join from Cornwall, the west country has few members. The weather looks as though it is going to be better this weekend, I hope to get lots of gardening done.

    I read about your petunias - I found out this year that they grow very easily from cuttings. So next time a bit gets knocked off pop it into a pot of compost with a bag over and in a few weeks you will have a new plant.

    Best wishes Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sylvia I shall remember that tip about Petunias. It might save me wasting my money in future! Val

    ReplyDelete